Thursday, April 11, 2013
Is your lawn suffering from too much shade? From lime and lawn fertilizer treatment to seeding and top dressing with rich compost, Mike Taraborrelli, Giroud Tree and Lawn's Lawn Service Manager, explains the steps required to build a lawn in shady areas.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Spring Alert: Learn the warning signs that a tree has health problems and the actions you can take: Spring Tree Alerts and Actions
|Tree fertilization treatments work! (l to r) Trees on left have been fertilized and show growth and full canopy. Neighbor's tree was not fertilized and has stunted growth with a thinner canopy.|
Friday, March 8, 2013
It's snowing today but that doesn't stop our tree service crews! Bill Boub, Doug Muth and Jeshua Van Buren team up to complete tree pruning at Medical Mission Sisters in Philadelphia, PA.
Posted by Healthy Trees and Lawns by Giroud at 11:38 AM
Monday, March 4, 2013
Did you sustain tree damage in Hurricane Sandy that required tree service? The costs may be deductible on your federal income tax. Turbo Tax provides answers at: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1746405-can-i-deduct-tree-service-for-damage-to-trees-from-hurricane-sandy
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Posted by Healthy Trees and Lawns by Giroud at 3:42 PM
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Friday, November 23, 2012
ISA Certified Arborists at Giroud Tree and Lawn want to help you find the perfect Christmas tree and maintain it safely through the Holidays. Just follow our Holiday tips.
- Tree Selection: it's important to buy a well hydrated tree. Test the branches to make sure they bend easily and the needles remain attached. Heavy shedding and snapping branches are signs of dehydration or dying trees.
- Tree Set-up: Cut a few inches off the bottom of the trunk and put the tree in a clean bucket of warm water to encourage uptake. Locate the stand as far away as possible from heat sources such as space heaters, fireplaces and hot air vents. Put the tree in the stand and fill it with cool or lukewarm water.
- Check the water level daily and keep the trunk base covered with water.
- Turn off the lights at night or when you are away for safety and to save electricity.
- When the tree starts to lose needles and dry out, please take it outside.