Giroud Tree & Lawn | since 1974

Duck Finds Unusual Nesting Spot

Thursday, June 11, 2009


An interesting thing recently happened at a customer's property. We were walking around checking out a few items in the rain. The ground was wet and puddles were everywhere, As everyone knows, it's been raining for what seems like months so there is no shortage of water on properties, streams, ponds etc.

I was inspecting some cables in a large multi-leadered Silver Maple, when I noticed something out of the ordinary. To the customer's and my surprise, I noticed a female duck nesting 5 feet off the ground in the crotch of the tree. She was laying on approximately a dozen eggs. I guess this duck just was trying to stay dry?? Posted by, Rob Nagy, Giroud Arborist, ISA Certified Arborist

No comments:

Post a Comment